FOUR FEATHERS PRESS ONLINE EDITION: ZODIAC ENERGY Send up to three poems on the subject of or at least mentioning the words zodiac and/or energy, totaling up to 150 lines in length, in the body of an email message or attached in a Word file to donkingfishercampbell@gmail.com by 11:59 PM PST on July 19th. No PDF's please. Color artwork is also desired. Please send in JPG form. No late submissions accepted. Poets and artists published in Four Feathers Press Online Edition: Zodiac Energy will be published online and invited to read at the Saturday Afternoon Poetry Zoom meeting on Saturday, July 20th between 3 and 5 pm PST.

Wednesday, July 17, 2024

CLS Sandoval

Clichés You Want

 

If I had the money, I would buy you

The house, the car, the things

You want

 

If I had the energy, I would make you

The meals, the home, the babies,

You want

 

If I had the time, I would give you,

My attention, my body, my ideas,

You want.

 

If I had the freedom,

I would share with you,

My pleasure my pain, my desire,

You want.

 

Alas, all I possess are these clichés,

And this longing,

That I am not to fulfill.




Ode to Free Verse

 

I only write free verse, sure limits me

They say I must challenge myself some

But in my mind though, it does set me free

Poetry reminds me where I’m from

It helps me remember how far I’ve come

Runs through my veins with energy to spare

More than anything shows me how to care

On lonely nights shows me I’m not alone

During thunderstorms brings weather that’s fair

Coos sputters and sometimes will even moan

Sometimes will come on like a sudden sneeze

Other times soothes more like a nice warm breeze

 



Theory Unveiled (My Implicit Claim)

 

Jest of quandary over possibility; curious implications,

Uninhibited by past or thoughts of termination,

Smile overtakes my face, direct impact from your presence,

Turn from pragmatic action to existential thought,

In your gaze, encapsulated, no interval between,

No other place to be; no other in my heart.

 

Crescent moon overtaken by our spark,

Resting in serenity, passion simultaneously ignited within,

Each twilight, wrapped in your musical essence,

Slowly awakened each dawn gently by sunlight rays,

So tangible, so real, yet we have not ever touched.

 

Introspective projection is the sole satiation I possess,

Summation of this quest becomes warranted objective.

 

Budding possibilities promise tranquil springs of heaven,

Energy engaging aura previously untouched,

Allure spills from each of your glances, words, movements,

Unable to resist, yet confined to constructs many,

Thoughts of forbidden, restriction to metaphor, leads us…

Interruption of stoic, inert, status quo,

Fulfilled for this moment, content presently,

Uncanny wit and audacity become our victories,

Leave you be, I cannot, save that it be your request.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

gia civerolo

  zodiac pick up line *pomo haiku     He slithered over.     “What’s your sign baby?” Red lips     sighed “It’s a stop sig...