FOUR FEATHERS PRESS ONLINE EDITION: ZODIAC ENERGY Send up to three poems on the subject of or at least mentioning the words zodiac and/or energy, totaling up to 150 lines in length, in the body of an email message or attached in a Word file to donkingfishercampbell@gmail.com by 11:59 PM PST on July 19th. No PDF's please. Color artwork is also desired. Please send in JPG form. No late submissions accepted. Poets and artists published in Four Feathers Press Online Edition: Zodiac Energy will be published online and invited to read at the Saturday Afternoon Poetry Zoom meeting on Saturday, July 20th between 3 and 5 pm PST.

Wednesday, July 17, 2024

Don Kingfisher Campbell

THE KID

As a bald baby I was moved
near a reservoir to a tract house
with a garage door branded Z Z

My Grecian Formula haired father turned on
the TV and the Trix rabbit jumped
onto a box on our formica dining table

I admired Dad's mahogany console stereo
oozing music for modern lovers
Tijuana Brass Whipped Cream

And Other Delights
a vinyl sheriff's star
stuck on the front door pane

Shouted re-elect Peter Pitchess
as my auburn-coiffed mom opened
her favorite tome

Jane Dixon's astrology pulled
from the woodgrain-laminated
particleboard bookcase

I grew in evolving Polaroid pictures
smiling beside a "tree"
assembled for Christmas

Hugging my Strange Change
plastic creature maker
never thinking for a moment

I'd turn into a poet




Spouses of the Zodiac

 

Cancer – She had no intention

to marry, diary considered me

a “harmless lover”. I talked

her into having the baby

and getting ringed together.

She quickly found freedom.

 

Capricorn – She really was

a homebody, yet indulged

my desire for exhibitionism

in public places. She left

because she envisioned

a future house without me.

 

Libra – She was a sexy moon

in Scorpio, so she did end up

fulfilling my wish for her to

give me a daughter, but I knew

the gift was actually her mini-she.

I departed out of loneliness.

 

Gemini - She warned me

I might get a phone call

from the police. Otherwise

she lied about weekends

and changed her mind two

weeks before escrow closed.

 

Virgo – She never meant to

keep her promise of a regular

sex life. She was too damaged

by her past to be able to even

try to cohabitate with anyone,

let alone her teenage son.

 

Sagittarius – She's capricious,

learned to appreciate the

stability of married wife in

America when it came to

maintaining a relationship

with her single offspring.


No comments:

Post a Comment

gia civerolo

  zodiac pick up line *pomo haiku     He slithered over.     “What’s your sign baby?” Red lips     sighed “It’s a stop sig...